Tuesday, October 16, 2001

I'm so tired. Just finished a paper. When I write papers, they always work the same way. First, I must wait until I don't have much time left to get the paper done. Dan Davis once told me that if you wait until the last minute, it only takes a minute. He heard it from someone else, I think. Either way, I think it's a great validation for my own laziness, innit? After I have waited a long time to start the paper, it's important for me to write a little bit of it and then stop writing it for a while. Procrastinate the heck out of it. I did this. All afternoon. Seriously. I was alone in the dorm, but all I did was read things, play guitar talk to lots of cool people and eat donuts. I did anything but work. I also helped Jason Gorski answer an obscure trivia question (what was the name of the horse in The Neverending Story?) So, finally then about 11:00 when Dan and some others left for Rockford (I wanted to go with...The Phantom Menace just came out on DVD, but I'm broke and I had this paper to write, so I did the responsible thing.) I got crackin'...kinda. I ended up procrastinating a bit more, which should be no surprise. Oh yeah...the final important part of me writing a paper is finishing it sometime in the wee hours of the morning while listening to the white album, which you may have guessed, I just did. Rock. The paper's all about free will and the book A Clockwork Orange (which I reccommend highly, but boy is it strange). I think it's solid stuff..we'll see if it holds up tommorow. After the paper, I worked on some songs I'm writing, wrote the blog and went to sleep. well...maybe that's getting a little ahead of myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home