Friday, April 11, 2003

The Ben Folds show was good. Similar set to the last time I saw him, but the guy is just entertaining. And talented. I can't stop listening to the song "Everything Thermals." The next three or four mix tapes I make will probably have to contain this song. I have to back up a band that says things like "The Thermals go straight to your head/The Thermals had sex in your bed" and "The Thermals don't need drugs to have a good time/The Thermals need drugs just to stay alive." They're not the best band in the world, but they're a heeaall of a lot closer than The White Stripes, who currently hold the title of Most Overrated Band in the World. At least, that's the impression you'll get if you read Rolling Stone and then listen to their new record. Or just talk to me about it. I have the straight dope on it.

God, man, I'm hardly coherent here. I think, anyway. I am quite tired. Aaron Weinberg has an incredibly nice house in Rock Island. You should visit him. I should too. But right now, I'm about to visit my pillow and comforter. And tomorrow, well, tomorrow I'm going to see Of Montreal. Color me excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home