Wednesday, May 07, 2003

I could almost hear the rhythm section kick in as the drums began to blaze. Saw you walk across the plaza and figured I'd just play it like it lays. I think I'm gonna be sick again and I think it's gonna happen really soon, and I know I can't afford another night here in this place with this sixteenth floor view of the ocean and the dunes. It's just gonna be me and you today, waiting for the other shoe to drop in Tampa Bay.

I can hear the roar of the crowd from the stadium a couple blocks away. It's the kind of thing that used to get me all worked up, but I don't wanna talk about it now, okay? Okay. I just wanna get this whole thing over with. I don't wanna deal with it anymore. I hear the cogs all slipping at the same time, and then I see you walk through the door. And it's gonna be just you and me today, waiting for the other shoe to drop in Tampa Bay.

-the Mountain Goats. I'd write more if I felt like that didn't say it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home