Monday, April 21, 2003

As I packed up my books in Bob Hagaman's history class this afternoon, I breathed a sigh of relief that I would only have to do so five more times. In tech editing, I wondered if I could reasonably spend 20 minutes in the bathroom listening to The Pixies without anyone noticing. "Go ahead, just do it" the little devil on my shoulder goaded me, "Nobody will even notice. Leave now, slip back in when there's about 7 minutes left. Genius." Meanwhile, the angel on my other shoulder wasn't telling me to stay in class, he was telling me to lay my head on the desk and just sleep. And that's when the prof told me to wake up. But even he seemed half-hearted. Even he seemed to understand that I don't need to be awake for a damned thing. Except sunrise, which I keep being awake for. Man. Within five minutes of conversation with me today, my friend Susan wrote down the name of some herbal supplements for me to take for sleeping. Is it that obvious? Guess so.

Wilco is playing in dekalb tonight, and I can't go. This post was twice as long as this, but my computer lost the second half just now. It used to end with "I have 21 minutes in which I can sleep before I have to leave for my next class" but now, the time has dwindled down to 18 and somehow that 3 minute difference makes me want to give up. I feel like a big, fat, supersaturated rain cloud hovering over a park completely unnoticed by the people picnicking down below.

Eat your potato salad, assholes. Just don't get on my bad side. Not today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home